Saltar al contenido

Miss World, Mister World y Julia Morley pronto en Colombia

Edgar Botero

1654191_1416347735281947_1876066960_n.jp

Hello everybody, I hope you are all well.

Last week I said I wanted to talk about Colombia. Beauty with a Purpose has a long history with Colombia, a history defined by a very special person and a long time friend of mine, Edgar Botero. Edgar has been the license holder for the Miss World franchise in Colombia for many years, and during this time he has committed a huge amount of time and effort into humanitarian works across the country. Regularly I visit Colombia to see what amazing projects he is supporting, and what we can do to help.

One of the most memorable trips I had to Colombia was in 1995 when I travelled with Aishwarya. This particular trip we visited the coal mines where whole families were working underground. To many people, myself included, this was a shocking thing to behold, to see very young children working in such dark and dirty places, and it is easy to forget how privileged some of us are that we do not have to even consider living like this.

However, for many of these families it was not a choice. Their only source of income was working these mines, and the only way they could look after their family was to have them live and work alongside them.

Although it was a tough place to live, the sense of community was very warming, with areas set aside for schooling, for play, and for workshops, all with the aim of educating themselves out of this situation. It was not an ideal way to live, but through their determination, alongside Edgar’s support, many children elevated themselves out of the mines and were set on a brighter path.

Next week I will be visiting Colombia, and I will be going to see some of the latest projects taking place with funding from ‘Beauty with a Purpose’. Francisco Escobar, the current Mr World, who is Colombian, has been working with Edgar to help promote sports in his home region of Cali. Many of the kids want to do sports, but they lack the basic equipment such as sports trainers. This is just one of the many initiatives I will be going to investigate next week, and I look forward to seeing the beautiful people of Colombia again, and sharing it with you all.

Until then,

Julia.

lupita-jones-soporten.gif&key=9d849bf2e3

Enlace al comentario
Compartir en otros sitios

Con esto muchos que querían a Botero lejos de la franquicia de Miss World Colombia acaban con sus ilusiones...

será interesante ver a Megan en Sudamérica.

B)

Enlace al comentario

"...defined by a VERY SPECIAL PERSON AND A LONG FRIEND OF MINE, Edgar Botero.

A ver si con eso se acaban los chismes baratos de que el CNB tiene la franquicia.

"El MiSs MunDo ColoMbia P3Rdi0 La FranqUiCia dEl mW"

penndejos.

Enlace al comentario

julia ama mucho a colombia por eso les dio mas de 3 coronas es q son mujeres como esperanza

Las adora ... Creo que esta vez ,la elección de miss águila world será por elección directa de Julia

KacyRealFINALE_zpsx0cjfqpx.jpg

Enlace al comentario

:memeo:  :memeo:  :memeo:

pobres como promocianan  a  los consursos de la  vieja  morley  el  concurso de talentos  ,,,y siguen en la espera   por mas de  50 años por una  corona :memeo:

Screen Shot 2019-12-27 at 7.30.46 PM.png

Enlace al comentario

No dije eso! me refería al acogedor recibimiento chocoano que recibiria Doña Morley en el aeropuerto

No seas así !! Colombia es preciosa e inseguridad hay hasta en el Vaticano

11754242_881249065283134_556581808237223

Enlace al comentario

Invitado
Este tema esta cerrado para más respuestas.

• Crear Nuevo...