Saltar al contenido

COBERTURA MISS UNIVERSO AUSTRALIA - FINAL 29 DE JUNIO

VAMPI

Laura Hanlon

First of all the introduction, Why don’t you tell us about yourself?

My name is Laura Hanlon, I am 21 years old, and I live in Brisbane in QLD! I’m a third-year psychology student and work part-time for Red Bull Australia on the WINGS team doing sales and field marketing. I also have my own little business called MAE. The boutique where I design and handmade clothing!

Laura Congratulations on making it so far in the such a coveted competition, we have to ask how the overall experience has been so far?

Thank you! The experience has been incredible, and I am so thankful for the program that Troy and Sophia have created for us. Words cant even describe how much I have already taken from this experience in such a short amount of time.

We have just heard you returned from the Intercontinental Resort in Bali as part of the program, How was the experience and what would you say was your highlight?

Intercontinental Resort in Bali would have to be one of the most beautiful places I have ever stayed! The Bali trip as a whole was amazing, but the highlight would have to be the farewell party Intercontinental Resort put on for us on the final night. There was a traditional Balinese buffet, live band, statue performance and the whole space was covered in tiny white lanterns!

It’s not long now until the finals, how are you feeling in the lead-up and what sort of preparation are you doing, before the finals get underway?

I am feeling very nervous in the lead up to the national final. I just want to be the best that I can on the stage. I have been preparing physically by increasing my hours in the gym and really focusing on my diet. To prepare for the Q&A segment, I have been keeping up to date with current affairs by watching the news twice a day.

With so many women all bring their individual flare to the competition, what do you think will set you apart from the other contestants?

In a competition like this, it’s obviously very hard to make your selfstand out when surrounded by 29 beautiful and driven woman! I think my red hair and bubbly personality definitely stand out as they are my defining features.

Speaking of unique flare or style what would you say is your best style or beauty secret?

My best beauty secret would have to be simply drinking plenty of water! I really notice the changes in my skin and mood when I barely drink any water in a day. It really does energise you and helps clear up your skin too!

What inspired you to enter in the Miss Universe Australia pageant?

I was inspired to enter Miss Universe Australia after watching the pageant growing up. I always viewed the past winners as role models and thought if I had the chance to become Miss Universe Australia and be a role model for other young girls then that was something I would love to try and do!

Speaking of inspiration who or what inspires you most?

My parents inspire me the most as they have worked hard their entire lives to be where they are now, and that is a work ethic I would love to inherit.

What is something people might find interesting about yourself?

My sewing ability is something I find most interesting about myself! I hate using patterns, so everything I make comes completely from scratch and somehow always turns out!

What does the average day look like for you?

I wake up and head straight to the kitchen to make my morning coffee, head to work for the day, come home to sew orders, gym, dinner and bed!

Where is your favourite place in the world to wind down and relax?

My favourite place to sit down and relax would have to be simply on the couch with my boyfriend and our cat!

What is something you find yourself saying all the time?

I have never actually sat down and reflected on what I say all the time so I would have no idea!

If you could give yourself one piece of advice five years ago what would it be?

Don’t be afraid to be yourself, embrace what you have and never take a single moment with your friends and family for granted.

And finally what are the five things you couldn’t live without?

Coffee
My boyfriend
My sewing machine
My family
And I hate to say it but my phone!

Screen-Shot-2017-02-25-at-1.19.59-pm-1.pScreen-Shot-2017-02-28-at-5.26.12-pm-1.pScreen-Shot-2017-02-28-at-5.25.28-pm.pngIMG_9645.jpg?fit=640,640&ssl=1

L U N A    N U E V A 

D A L I H L A ♥

💗💞🌷🪷:beso:

tumblr_pojqtm56ee1x8rcofo3_540.gif

Enlace al comentario
Compartir en otros sitios

• Respuestas 33
  • Created
  • Última respuesta

Top Posters In This Topic

• VAMPI

Laura O’Neill

I was born and grew up in the hills of Western Australia. I have recently finished my bachelor of education in early childhood studies as teaching children is my passion. I am also a support worker for children with disabilities. I am an outdoors sporty girl playing netball since I was eight years old and I love surfing skateboarding and boxing. I have been in the modelling industry part time for four years, and in my spare time I enjoy painting and playing the piano.

Laura Congratulations on making it so far in the such a coveted competition, we have to ask how the overall experience has been so far?

I was not sure what to expect when I entered the competition, but the overall experience is one that I will never forget. It has been an amazing and exciting opportunity which has developed my self-confidence and to grow as an individual.

We have just heard you returned from the Intercontinental Resort in Bali as part of the program, How was the experience and what would you say was your highlight?

Visiting the Bali Life Foundation was definitely the highlight of the trip for me. After visiting the orphanage and seeing how incredibly happy and grateful, all the children were, made me appreciate my life and how lucky I am.

It’s not long now until the finals, how are you feeling in the lead-up and what sort of preparation are you doing, before the finals get underway?

I am feeling a little nervous and very excited for the finals. I have been boxing at Hurtlocker Gym four times a week to prepare myself. I feel more confident and ready for the finals when I’m physically prepared.

With so many women all bring their individual flare to the competition, what do you think will set you apart from the other contestants?

All the girls in the competition have different personalities which make every one unique. I think the thing that will set me apart are the things I am passionate about like teaching children with disabilities. I come from a multi-cultural background so I have an exotic look which may also make me different from the other contestants.

Speaking of unique flare or style what would you say is your best style or beauty secret?

I like the natural look best, so I try to keep makeup to a minimum during the day, and I never go outside without sun screen. Drinking lots of water also keep my skin looking fresh.

I find it inspiring that Miss Universe Australia has the potential to empower and be a role model for young women on a national and global scale. I would love to have a positive impact on young girls.

I work with students with severe disabilities, and through this role, I have learnt that the students I support are strong and resilient. My students with special needs inspire me whenever they succeed in their goals allowing me to advocate, appreciate and celebrate with them life’s little victories.

I work with students with severe disabilities, and through this role, I have learnt that the students I support are strong and resilient. My students with special needs inspire me whenever they succeed in their goals allowing me to advocate, appreciate and celebrate with them life’s little victories.

My weekdays are spent teaching in a Pre-Primary classroom followed by boxing and Pilates some afternoons.

My favourite place is Smiths Beach in Yallingup which is three hours south of Perth. I love sitting on the beach watching waves and the surfers.

It will happen if it’s meant to be. I always tell myself this to calm myself otherwise I tend to overthink everything.

Take one day at a time.

– 1. Love and support of my family
– 2. Friends. The laughter and companionship they bring
– 3. Music
– 4. Being close to nature. Being able to see trees, the beach and sky daily.
– 5. Hummus

image6.jpg?fit=640,960&ssl=1image5.jpg?fit=640,683&ssl=1image2-5.jpg?fit=640,800&ssl=1image4.jpg?fit=640,960&ssl=1

L U N A    N U E V A 

D A L I H L A ♥

Enlace al comentario

Marijana Radmanovic

I am a simple, down-to-earth girl from Melbourne, with high ambitions and goals set in mind. I have completed my tertiary education at Monash University, and I am now a proud Psychology and Marketing graduate. I currently run my own online business, incorporating all the principles that I learnt throughout my degree. I have also been in the modelling industry for six years now and worked with some of Australia’s most reputable brands. I enjoy cooking, spending time with loved ones and live for summer days and balmy summer nights.

Marijana Congratulations on making it so far in such a coveted competition, we have to ask how the overall experience has been so far?

Thank you! The overall experience has really been so incredible. This is my second year taking part in the Miss Universe Australia program, and I can honestly say that the past two years have been so rewarding and empowering. I have gained so much self-confidence, improved my public speaking skills and developed ways in which to best portray my personal brand. We have been absolutely spoilt by all the amazing sponsors & travelled to some of the most luxurious resorts in Bali. A number of beautiful friendships that I have made, and the memories that we have all created together, are just priceless!

The Intercontinental Resort in Bali was just so stunning and picturesque! The food was incredible, and the staff were so pleasant.
We wined and dined at some exquisite restaurants, filmed some exciting footage for our documentary, enjoyed some fun beach activities and some down time by the pool in our awesome Midnight swimwear.
All the girls took part in the Egami Institute Powerful Impressions course, which really pushed us out of our comfort zones and got us thinking more deeply into how we would like others to perceive our own personal brand.
We also visited the Bali Life Foundation and were able to spend some time with the beautiful children; singing, dancing, laughing and even crying. Being back at the orphanage two years in a row was so heart-warming; especially when some of the children recognised me from last year. This was definitely one of the biggest highlights for me!

I won’t lie, I am feeling a little nervous, but I think it’s extremely natural to feel that way. Regarding preparations, I have been eating healthy, exercising regularly (made so much easier in my 2XU apparel and Skechers sneakers) maintaining a positive attitude and trying to stay on top of all the current issues around the world. I think the most daunting part of the entire program is the question & answer segment, so that’s one area I really want to work towards. Other than that, I am doing my best to continue raising funds for Toybox International – a charity which focuses on raising funds for sick and disadvantaged children; and really maximise the donations as much as possible before the finale.

That’s a tough question to answer, as I think all the women taking part in this program are so beautiful, intelligent and unique in their own way.
But, personally, I believe that my perseverance, commitment and motivation is what sets me apart. I have honestly invested so much energy, time and emotion into this competition and I know that I can walk away from this amazing experience knowing that I put in 100%. I have always been so driven and no matter how many times I have failed in certain situations or circumstances in life; I have always picked myself up and tried again.

My style varies quite a lot, to be honest. At home, I am always casually dressed; I look like a bit of a bum; sweat pants, basic tee and a top knot. However, when it’s time to go out, I always like to dress to impress. I don’t think it really matters what you wear, so long as you wear it with confidence. Beauty-wise, I drink at least 2 litres of water each day & I never go to sleep with my make-up on.

The Miss Universe Australia program promotes diversity in women, and I think it is the perfect platform to use to be a positive role model to other women around the country. It is an excellent program that really helps you grow as an individual and gives you the opportunity to express yourself for who you really are.

I think what inspires me most, is the principle of perseverance. There is something truly courageous about individuals who work hard and never give up. Regardless of how many times they are knocked back or have failed; they keep trying. This is a principle that I have stood by my whole life.

Something that people find quite interesting about me is the fact that I wasn’t born in Australia, I was actually born overseas. Being a multicultural woman has given me the benefit of being able to speak five different languages!

The average day for me consists of going to work, whether that be running errands for my online business, making deliveries, attending modelling castings or having a photoshoot. After work, I always try and make time to exercise; even if that means ten minutes of burpees and squats. Living a healthy life-style is so important to me, particularly with the job that I do, so maintaining a fit and healthy body is a priority. I love keeping busy; I feel that I am continuously on the go; the only time I ever stop is when I lay into bed.

The one place that I can wind down and relax, is at HUD Skin and Body. I have bi-weekly facial treatments there and every single time I walk in, I instantly feel a sense of joy and never want to leave. It is the one time that I can sit back, be free of thoughts, unwind, and enjoy some alone time. The relaxing ambience, the positive energy from all the staff & the head massages are just pure bliss. I sometimes even fall asleep!

“Are you serious.”

I would have to say; “Do not compare yourself to others” as this is one thing I, unfortunately, used to do as a teenager growing up. I think all women, at one point or another, have fallen victim to these thoughts. It is so easy to fall into this trap of comparing your life, your image, your achievements or even your relationships to others. It’s important to realise that everyone is living life according to their own pace and instead of wasting your time focusing all your energy on others, use that time to focus more on improving yourself. Comparison really is the thief of joy!

• Laughter
• Nutella
• Lip Balm
• Home-made bread
• Phone

Image-2.jpg?fit=640,640&ssl=1Image.jpg?fit=640,960&ssl=1Image-3.jpg?fit=640,789&ssl=1

L U N A    N U E V A 

D A L I H L A ♥

Enlace al comentario

Monique Evren

I am an ambitious and outgoing nineteen-year-old. Only recently graduating grade 12 in 2015 from All Saints Anglican School. Since the beginning of senior school, I have taken joy in helping others and giving back to my community. Receiving numerous awards for community service. I spent and still do spend many weekends volunteering at my local riding for disabled school. I also spent countless lunch times preparing lunch for the homeless, playing ball with kids at the local special school, hanging out the the elderly at a nursing home, cleaning up parks and beaches and participating in sandbank rejuvenation.

Monique Congratulations on making it so far in the such a coveted competition, we have to ask how the overall experience has been so far?

The Miss Universe Australia experience so far has been unbelievable. Parts still feel surreal, and it hasn’t yet sunk in that I’m leaving for Melbourne so soon. Every moment has been filled with joy, happiness and excitement. The team have looked after us girls so well and really do make you feel like a queen.

Bali was an incredible experience and therefore makes it hard to pinpoint an exact highlight that stood out from the rest. If I had to pick a favourite moment, it would have to be the Bali Life Orphanage. As we were getting ready to leave on the bus, the kids ran on and asked when they would see us again. Their smiles and laughter were infectious, and every moment we spent with them was a moment filled with joy. Another highlight of the trip was the time we got to spend with Tegan Martin, Nia Sanchez and Monika Radulovic. They were happy to pass along advice for both the competition and life in general. Right down to the time I got to spend with the other contestants bonding and forming friendships, just like Tegan and Nia, the Miss Universe journey can develop lifelong friendships. The whole trip was an amazing experience and something I will never forget.

With Nationals only just around the corner, my nerves are starting to kick in. To think I have a chance, along with every other girl on that stage, to represent my country on an international stage is hard to comprehend. In preparation for the finals, I have been trying to live a cleaner and healthier lifestyle. I have also been attending class at PLC in Burleigh to try and stay onto of my fitness. I am feeling confident and excited for the week to come and will be giving it my best shot 

I always like to ensure I wash all my makeup off, cleanse and moisturise my face before bed.

My sister was my main inspiration and drive to enter the Miss Universe Australia Pageant, along with the encouragement and support of all my family and friends.

My main inspiration and role model since I was little is Steve Irwin. His passion and drive to promote animal conversation and awareness have always been something I admired. I am a huge animal lover myself and am always thinking I can save them all. We currently now own 2 very adorable cats from the Animal Welfare League and over 15 chickens, some which have been rescued from batteries (very closely knit cages where hens are placed while they lay, until they are deemed “useless” and disposed of) many of these hens with proper care and nutrition have returned to full laying hens again. These may only sound like small contributions, but if I can better the life of just one animal, then I feel like I’ve achieved something. I aim to study and promote animal conservation in my near future.

Something that people might find interesting about me is that I am a big fan of horror/scary movies. Unless it’s the original wizard of oz. That movie terrifies me.

My average day would be just that, an average day. Monday to Friday I do office administration work, occasionally hit the gym and look after the array of family animals. Saturdays I am a volunteer/trainee coach at my local riding for disabled school. When it’s time for bed, I usually squeeze on less then half the bed because my overly fat cat has decided he wants to sleep in the middle, and that is an average week for me.

When I’m feeling stressed or upset, I find the best place to unwind is time with my horse. He is a 700kg fluff ball and always seems to brighten my day.

“I’m Hungry” anyone who knows me or has spent time around me will know that I am forever hungry and on the hunt for food.

Of advice I would love to give my younger self would have been, everyone makes mistakes. Your mistakes don’t define you and don’t make you a bad person. Learn from them and don’t make them again.

I have participated in camping trips where we carry what we need for the week on our backs, and that makes you learn to live without the unnecessary things in life. Otherwise, your pack will become to heavy. A few things I found myself missing greatly while away were;

1. Of course my family, without them life is boring and lonely
2. A big jar of Nutella and a spoon. An essential on every camping trip, but something that is missed quickly when you’ve burnt all your food and finished the jar by the second night.
3. A warm shower, because swimming in a creek (that is usually freezing) just doesn’t have the same feeling like a nice warm shower.
4. I must admit, I do miss my mobile phone and probably couldn’t live without it.
5. A positive and happy attitude. Something I find very important in my life is always to have people around you that make you smile. We have all had tough days where the world seems like it’s crashing down on us, and for me, the best way to combat these times is to surround myself with people who exude happiness and positivity. Laughter is always the best medicine.

Miss-Universe-QLD-Finalist-Interview-Mon006-alt-1.jpg?fit=1146,502Monique1.jpg?fit=1146,502

L U N A    N U E V A 

D A L I H L A ♥

Enlace al comentario

Naomi Holt

I’m 24 years old, and I’m very lucky to live on the Mornington Peninsula in Victoria where I get to be close to the things I love the most, my family, friends and the sea. I’m currently studying a bachelor of psychology, and it definitely is the right degree for me as I’m excited I will have a career that I can use to help others. I’ve recently returned from a semester abroad studying in Amsterdam, and I now volunteer at my university as a peer advisor where I help new international students settle into life in Australia and show them around our beautiful country! I am also a volunteer mentor to disadvantaged teens, which although at times can be challenging because these children aren’t always in the best situations, it has been incredibly rewarding and surprisingly fun! Above all else, you will find me trying to have a good time and laughing as I think life is lived through joy!

Naomi Congratulations on making it so far in the such a coveted competition, we have to ask how the overall experience has been so far?

Thank you so much, I feel honoured to have come this far! The experience so far has been tremendously positive; I’ve learned so much more about myself and what drives me to do things, as well as meeting so many amazing women and now friends. The sponsors and directors of the competition have been so generous, I truly didn’t expect to have had such an amazing time so far, and there is so much more still to come!

The Bali trip was really a once in a lifetime experience, to be treated the way we were was amazing I felt like royalty! My personal highlight was visiting the children’s home run by the Bali Life Foundation; the experience was so incredibly humbling. To see these children who have come from nothing being so grateful for what they have been giving and the happiness on their faces really taught me a lesson and reinforced in my mind that the simplest things in life are what we need to cherish

It;s not long now until the finals, how are you feeling in the lead-up and what sort of preparation are you doing, before the finals get underway?

The first thing on my list when preparing was to practice walking in heels, although I model as a profession I’m definitely more comfortable in flats! I believe it’s important in a competition like this to prepare mentally, so I have been making sure I stay focused on positive thoughts and taking the time to know myself. Lastly, I’ve been keeping up with my usual healthy eating and regular exercise to keep my body fit, strong and most importantly healthy!

Wherever I am, I like to enjoy myself and have fun, whether that be singing in my horrible voice at home, dancing down supermarket aisles or waiting backstage in this competition. I’m hoping that this desiring to be happy in every moment shows on stages in my energy and presence and helps to set me apart from all the other truly beautiful and unique individuals in the competition.

You will look your best wearing clothing that you’re truly comfortable in, don’t wear things because you think that’s what other people would wear, wear things because you love them!

I believe that with the right platform and influence one voice can make an incredible difference. For me, the idea of being given a platform to possibly make a difference in the areas I am passionate about, such as mental health and family violence, was my biggest inspiration.

I am inspired by the little acts of kindness I see taking place each day and that you can change the world just by simply changing one person’s life for the better.

When I travel, I write postcards to myself, so that when I return home, I can read the highlights from my trip!

My mornings consist of a smoothie and tea which I usually enjoy in the presence of my grandparents and my cousin as I’m fortunate enough to live with them. After that, I get straight into studying which I do for most of the day because I pride myself on doing well and it’s my goal to be a psychologist, so I need the best grades possible. Besides that, I work out most days I especially love reformer Pilates, and I’m lucky enough to have my mum as my instructor.

To actually wind down I need to be somewhere that I feel comfortable and for me, there is nowhere I feel more comfortable than in my family home in front of the fireplace where I have so many beautiful childhood memories that along with the heat of the fireplace help to relax me

I’m hungry

Try not to become too invested in social media, focus on the moment you are in and the world around you instead, it will bring you so much more joy. As it can be hard to disconnect from social media once you become too emotionally involved and you will miss the amazing things happening around you.

My family and friends would be at the top of the list, and then food not just in a biological sense but also because eating makes me extremely happy! The more I think about this question, the more I realise I could live without a lot of the things that come to mind, but I definitely would not want to live without tea and a nice hot shower.

Naomi-Holt-Rupert-Laycock-1.jpg?fit=1146Naomi-Holt-Rupert-Laycock-2.jpg?fit=640,Naomi-Holt-Myuran-Ganesh-1.jpg?fit=640,9Naomi-Holt-George-Ganio-1.jpg?fit=1146,5

L U N A    N U E V A 

D A L I H L A ♥

Enlace al comentario

Nikola Sonerson

My name is Nikola Sonerson; I am a 20-year-old who has grown up in the Western Suburbs of Melbourne. I am currently in my third year of a double degree, studying a Bachelor of Law and a Bachelor of Arts.

Nikola Congratulations on making it so far in the such a coveted competition, we have to ask how the overall experience has been so far?

The experience has so far been immensely rewarding. It amazed me how much this competition has changed me as a person. The way I view myself as well as my outlook on life and opportunities has become so much more positive. I wake up every day excited to better myself in all aspects, to be able to bring the best version of myself to the National finals. Being involved in activities such as cooking for the Ronald McDonald house has made me so grateful to be healthy and able to help out others.

The Bali trip was both daunting and incredible. It was great to be able to meet the other contestants and make friendships that will last a lifetime. The workshops we participated in helped me improve my self-confidence, and realise how similar we, in fact, all are. It was challenging constantly being filmed and having photos taken, but this was great preparation for what life as Miss Universe Australia would be like. Having past winners of the title come along on the trip was extremely helpful, and it was great to hear about how they have overcome their own challenges and taken on amazing opportunities. The highlight of my trip would have to be both visiting the orphanage and seeing the wonderful dances the kids had prepared and sitting around a beautiful beach bonfire, toasting marshmallows at Sundays beach club.

I’m not feeling as nervous as I thought I would. Mainly because I feel as though we have been well prepared. I’m feeling excited to be reunited with all the other girls and take on new challenges. To get prepared, I have been eating nutritious foods and really trying to take care of my body from the inside out. I’ve also been practising my walk in all types of heels.

I think my ability to take a step back and see just how lucky I am to have made it this far will set me apart. It’s often easy to get caught up in being the best in a competition like this, but I’ve always tried to remain very humble and know that no matter how far I make it I will be satisfied and proud.

I love to op shop! My best style secret is to mix the old with the new! I always get complimented on the one off pieces I find, and it feels great being able to wear something and know the money you paid goes to charities.

I was inspired by one of my best friends who entered both last year and this year. She allowed me to see the growth and confidence this competition brings out in people, and it was something I aspired to experience.

My ultimate inspiration is Emily Ratajkowski. Not only is she an incredible model and actress, but she is also an activist for women’s rights. She is a great role model and highlights that you can be both sexy and smart and make the two work together.

I love to paint and draw. My mum and grandma paint and this has been passed along through the family. I currently major in Fine Arts at University and in the future would love to one day teach Art.

My average day usually involves catching up for coffee with a friend, making time to go for a walk or to the gym, and usually working at night at 400 Grade

I am lucky enough to have a little cabin by the Murray River in NSW. It is a secluded getaway that has many childhood memories attached to it. I appreciate it more and more as I grow older because it is so quiet and gives you time to detach from things like social media for a few days.

Its not always out loud but almost every day I tell myself how blessed I am to just be living.

To not worry about the small things! I was a massive stress head over things like studying and friendships, and I found as I got older that everything turns out perfectly when you don’t worry too much about it.

My German Sheppard Ozzie, my family, my passport, coffee and music.

IMG_5282.jpg?w=1366

L U N A    N U E V A 

D A L I H L A ♥

Enlace al comentario

Registra una cuenta o conéctate para comentar

Debes ser un miembro de la comunidad para dejar un comentario

Crear una cuenta

Regístrate en nuestra comunidad. ¡Es fácil!

Registrar una cuenta nueva

Iniciar Sesión

¿Ya tienes cuenta? Conéctate aquí.

Iniciar Sesión

• Crear Nuevo...