Saltar al contenido

COBERTURA MISS UNIVERSO AUSTRALIA - FINAL 29 DE JUNIO

VAMPI

Brooke Rogers

First of all the introduction, Why don’t you tell us about yourself?

I am a 20-year-old from Tasmania. I am enrolled to begin studying Certificate III and IV in Fitness to become a Personal Trainer. I have danced competitively in Tap, Jazz and Lyrical/Contemporary since I was 4. I am an aspiring photographer and videographer, and the tomboy in me loves motorsport and being behind the wheel!

Brooke Congratulations on making it so far in the such a coveted competition, we have to ask how the overall experience has been so far?

Thank you so much!
It has been such an amazing, surreal experience so far. Reading the email, I received to say I was a Tasmanian Finalist was like a dream in itself. We were all just in Bali; it was so lovely to meet all the girls and build some friendships in such a beautiful place.

We have just heard you returned from the Intercontinental Resort in Bali as part of the program, How was the experience and what would you say was your highlight?

Yes! Intercontinental Resort Bali was so lovely to have us for the week we were in Bali. I had a wonderful experience meeting everyone. The Egami Insitute Powerful Impressions workshop with Natasha Diciano was so educational and inspiring. Although there were some overwhelming times on the trip, I had an amazing time. I met some lifelong friends, and we got to experience some beautiful places amongst Bali.

It’s not long now until the finals, how are you feeling in the lead-up and what sort of preparation are you doing, before the finals get underway?

Finals are so close; I can’t believe how quick it has come around. I am living a balanced lifestyle. I don’t want to stray too far away from myself, so although I am eating a balanced diet and training hard I am still treating myself and listening to my body!
I am practising my walking and being conscious of my little speaking habits coming up to the Finals in Melbourne.

With so many women all bring their individual flare to the competition, what do you think will set you apart from the other contestants?

I love my motorsport and being at the track. I have grown up with my father and brother being mechanics and always having a race car, so I have naturally grown to love it! Not many girls are behind the wheel of a race car, so this defiantly sets me apart.

Speaking of unique flare or style what would you say is your best style or beauty secret?

Preparation! Having a good skin care routine and keeping hydrated is the perfect recipe for a flawless dewy skin.

What inspired you to enter in the Miss Universe Australia pageant?

I had seen a post in my Facebook news feed about how Miss Universe Australia promotes confidence. I have been told previously that ‘a pretty face can only get you so far’, this lit a flame under me to prove to myself that I can do anything I set my mind to. I entered this pageant as a way to not only show these people and myself that I can but to gain knowledge about the modelling industry. And meet some pretty awesome girls!

Speaking of inspiration who or what inspires you most?

I am inspired by any being that is so determined to make it happen. Jennifer Hawkins is someone I look up to; she is so passionate and driven in what she does. She has built so many companies and has built an empire. I think it is amazing what can come about when someone is determined to make their dreams a reality.

What is something people might find interesting about yourself?

Although I had been on stage dancing since I was 4, if you put me in a room filled with people I don’t know, I am extremely shy. It is so easy to perform on stage with no worry, as you can’t see the faces of the audience clearly.

What does the average day look like for you?

I am usually working part-time at an Apple Reseller or working behind the bar at The New Sydney Hotel! If I’m not working, I will be out and about taking photographs or winding down with a movie or a TV show I’m obsessed with at the time!

Where is your favourite place in the world to wind down and relax?

It would probably be my bed! It is just so comfy, and I like to have my electric blanket on in this cold Tassie winter!
If I could be anywhere in the world, it would be laying on a daybed on a tropical island with relaxing music playing in the background.

What is something you find yourself saying all the time?

“OMG’ (typical!)

If you could give yourself one piece of advice five years ago what would it be?

I would tell myself to not worry so much about what other people are saying or thinking of me; it is out of my control. And don’t sweat the small stuff!

And finally what are the five things you couldn’t live without?

I could not live without lip balm, my phone (of course), my camera, comfy shoes and a good hydrating moisturiser.

19401349_10155408439067389_1890844454_o.19401100_10155408403922389_1029627872_o.19401230_10155408402327389_1523547483_o.

L U N A    N U E V A 

D A L I H L A ♥

💗💞🌷🪷:beso:

tumblr_pojqtm56ee1x8rcofo3_540.gif

Enlace al comentario
Compartir en otros sitios

• Respuestas 33
  • Created
  • Última respuesta

Top Posters In This Topic

• VAMPI

Chelsey Nichols

I am a 22-year-old Bachelor of Law / Bachelor of Arts student from the Gold Coast and currently completing my final year of study. My goal is to pursue a successful career in intellectual property or entertainment law while being able to dedicate time to undertake community pro bono work.

Aside from my career endeavours, I am a hip hop dancer that is part of an all girl crew set to compete later in the year and I am an extremely adventurous individual who loves to travel.

Chelsey Congratulations on making it so far in the such a coveted competition, we have to ask how the overall experience has been so far?

The competition thus far has been incredible and has provided me with the opportunity to partake in many activities I that will never forget. During our time in Bali, I learnt a lot about myself, was able to develop my self-confidence and obtained numerous skills that will be beneficial throughout my life…wherever it may take me.

It has, at times, been challenging, as all of the national finalists are beautiful, kind and intelligent women who deserve to be in the competition. Innately, you tend to compare yourselves to one another in this environment, but I have learned the importance of believing in your own strengths and your individuality.

We have just heard you returned from the Intercontinental Resort in Bali as part of the program, How was the experience and what would you say was your highlight?

Aside from individual growth, I have really enjoyed our participation in charity work including the time that we spent at the Bali Life Orphanage. This was such a highlight for me as some of the girls had taught themselves a dance and were so proud to perform it to us. I was actually able to jump up and dance with them once they had finished which was such an awesome experience that I will never forget.

I also really enjoyed going surfing with some of the girls one morning during our down time. Two of the locals spent some time with us, helping us to catch some waves. There were, of course, a few wipe-outs but we all had so much fun.

It’s not long now until the finals, how are you feeling in the lead-up and what sort of preparation are you doing, before the finals get underway?

My number one priority in the build up has been my fitness. Of course, I’d like to look my best when I take the stage, but working out has been a great way for me to take some time out and quieten my mind, which allows to better focus on all that I’d like to achieve.

With so many women all bring their individual flare to the competition, what do you think will set you apart from the other contestants?

I like to think that I am a grounded and well-rounded person, so as much as I love feeling beautiful and elegant when I’m made-up, and in my gown, I’m not afraid to abseil off a cliff-edge, train hard at the gym, wakeboard or ski… I’ll give anything a go! Aside from my adventurous side, as I mentioned, I am also a hip hop dancer, set to compete later in the year, a law student in the final year of my degree, and have an interest in property.

Speaking of unique flare or style what would you say is your best style or beauty secret?

My best style secret would be to dress in way that reflects the best version of you, whether that be choosing clothes that accentuate your assets or wearing colours and prints that show your personality.

I had a friend that entered the competition a few years ago, and at that time, I had other friends question me as to why I wasn’t participating. It was something I had thought of doing for a long time but never entered due to fear of failure. This year I promised myself I would put that fear aside and give it a go – and here I am, never having expected to make it to National Finals.

A friend of mine founded the mental health charity Breaking Free. He dedicates an immense amount of time developing programs and educating high school students on the importance of maintaining positive mental health. His passion and dedication to this cause is truly inspiring.

I am currently learning to play the guitar and also sing

Well if the last few weeks are anything to go by, my average day would start with an early wake up (coffee is a must!) then off to uni for the day to study and of course, catch up with some friends. Once my study is done for the day, it’s off to the gym for a group fitness class or training with a friend, followed by a good stretch session, then it’s home to cook a healthy dinner before hopping into bed to watch house of cards (with a cup of tea haha).

The beach – always the beach. It doesn’t matter how stressed I am or how much is going on, a walk along the beach always clears my mind.

Everything happens for a reason. Where one opportunity doesn’t pull through, or something happens that seems negative at the time; I like to believe that it is part of the journey that I am meant to be on. Thus far, this mentality has never failed me.

Back yourself, stop second-guessing and trust the journey

Coffee, music, dark chocolate, my family and lip balm!

908720_10151375855093597_1924860811_n-2.Owen-1.jpg?fit=637,960LIN7319.jpg?fit=640,89820130224-Chelsey-8-web.jpg?fit=640,960IMG_5181.jpg?fit=640,960Shot-12_0013.jpg?fit=640,959

L U N A    N U E V A 

D A L I H L A ♥

Enlace al comentario

Danica Butler

My Name is Danica Butler, I’m 21 years old, and I currently live in Perth, Western Australia. I’m currently studying Advertising and Marketing and have recently picked up broadcasting as my minor. I am a huge advocate of keeping fit and healthy, whether it’s a run along the coast or taking up a Pilates or boxing class, it’s something that I have always loved to do.

Danica Congratulations on making it so far in such a coveted competition, we have to ask how the overall experience has been so far?

I don’t have the words to describe how rewarding this competition has been over the past few months. It’s helped me grow as an individual and has taught me a lot about myself. And the friends I’ve made on this journey has been incredible; I would never have thought that entering a competition like this would result in gaining friendships that’ll last forever. Troy and Sophia Barbagallo have done an outstanding job at creating a program that brings out the best in all the girls that enter it.

Firstly, the Intercontinental Resort was and amazing place to stay while we were over there in Bali. I couldn’t recommend the resort enough to anybody wanting to take a trip to Bali; they definitely won’t be disappointed. My experience over there in the program was amazing. The program included a variety of things for all the girls to do, including workshops and visiting the Bali Life Foundation. My highlight would have to have been visiting the Bali Life Foundation, to be able to spend time with the children living there was so humbling and such a rewarding experience.

It’s a week to be exact before we get on our flight and take off to Melbourne! The nerves are definitely kicking in, but overall I think my excitement is slowly taking over. Preparation wise I’ve not changed my routine drastically, but I’ve defiantly stepped it up with the healthy eating and extra boxing sessions throughout the week.

There are so many beautiful girls, both inside and out, who are competing this year but I think we have something unique about ourselves that set us apart from the rest. In terms of what I think might set me apart from the other contestants would possibly be my confidence and bubbly personality. I am secure, and confident within myself and I think that shows through when I’m on stage.

I’m not sure if you’d even consider this a beauty secret, but the most important thing to me would be drinking loads and loads of water throughout the day. Seriously it has the most amazing benefits for our bodies. Not only does it flush out toxins, improves skin complexion but it also boosts your immune system, how incredible is that?!

The encouragement from friends and family inspired me to enter this program! Without their ongoing support, I don’t think I’d be where I am now in this competition.

My friends and family are probably my biggest inspiration, not because of all the things they may have done but because of who they are as individuals. They inspire me every day to be the best possible me I can be and to always strive for excellence. But most of all a lot of my inspiration actually comes from myself, I believe I am the biggest motivator in achieving all my goals and aspirations. I motivate and inspire myself every day to achieve the goals I have set for myself in the future

A lot of people find it interesting how I juggle a full-time job on top of full-time studying at university while doing things like the Miss Universe Australia program. I’m always on the go doing something, so people rarely see me doing nothing! People are also always surprised to hear that I’ve lived and worked in a few different countries for modelling.

An average day for me starts at 6 am (or 4:30 am if I’m heading out for an early morning boxing session), getting up and ready for an early start at University in the morning up until about 12 pm. Then heading straight to work until about 7 pm. I’ll usually get home and jump straight into my running gear and head out for a cruise 4km run. After that, I’ll eat dinner then dedicate at least 2 hours of study before I head off to bed. It probably seems like a crazy day, but I love that I get to work and study at the same time! It definitely keeps me busy!!

If I’m not winding down with a movie or book in bed, going out for a nice relaxing dinner with my boyfriend is my favourite way to relax after a busy day. What could be better than some good wine & food?!

Something I find myself saying all the time would have to be “thank you very much.” I was always taught growing up to be thankful for everything people do for you. That’s probably my way of saying I really appreciate what you’ve done for me. No matter how small or big!

To relax and trust the things I was doing at the time was good enough and would take me to where I would be right now. I think when you are younger you don’t always see the bigger picture and are quite often focussed on the moment you are in and tend to get quite caught up in that. But I think if we all learned to relax and take things as they came when we were younger it would have made a world of difference. I am so happy with where I am in my life right now, so I’d love to go back and tell myself that everything will be okay!

1. Coffee! As in the thought of going without coffee for the rest of my life would be a living nightmare. I love coffee so much that I’d probably swap it for my phone if I had to!
2. A good book! I am a huge lover of reading books when I have the time! They keep me entertained for hours and I don’t need to be reliant on an electronic device to keep me busy.
3. My Laptop! There is nothing more that I love than climbing into bed after a long day and watching a good documentary or movie! I use my laptop for everything, movies, work and university!
4. My Phone! I love being able to stay in contact with my friends and family all the time so I don’t think I could live without it!
5. Music! I am constantly listening to music wherever I am. It always puts me in a good mood!

14980768_1350206865003823_5717991161994913613548_1253164218041422_60585487413671

L U N A    N U E V A 

D A L I H L A ♥

Enlace al comentario

Elana Philbert

My name is Elana, but all my high school friends call me Elle. I moved here from the UK 7 and a half years ago, and my dad’s side of the family is from the Caribbean’s so I’m a bit of a cultural mix haha. I’m studying to be a paramedic at the moment, and I’m very close to starting my Ambulance placement which I can’t wait for! I also recently started modelling which has been amazing. I was a bit of a tomboy growing up so I still have a big love for superheroes and video games, and I’d say I’m pretty active and adventurous. I love exploring when out for hikes, going out mountain biking and I’ve trained in kickboxing as well so keeping fit in a fun way is a big part of my life.

Elana Congratulations on making it so far in the such a coveted competition, we have to ask how the overall experience has been so far?

Thank you! It’s been an incredible experience, and if someone told me a year ago that I’d get this far into Miss Universe, I probably wouldn’t believe them. I’ve gained so much confidence in myself and public speaking that I never had before. I’ve become friends with so many remarkable girls, and I’m lucky to have had some once-in-a-lifetime moments during the competition. In all honesty, it’s been a life-changing journey.

The trip to Bali was amazing! The Intercontinental Resort is paradise, and everything is so beautiful over there; the people, the food, the scenery. My highlight of the trip would be a tossup between our unbelievable night at Mrs Sippy Bar and sitting around our beach campfire under the stars with ice cream and marshmallows at Sunday’s Beach Club. Both I’d do again in a heartbeat.

I’m really pumped for the finals and excited to see who will be crowned this year! I’m still in the middle of my uni exams right now so with both of those underways I’m really trying to focus on getting a lot of sleep. I can be eating healthily and staying fit at the gym as much as I like, but without sleep I know I won’t feel the benefits so maintaining the balance of those three right now is key.

I’m a really genuine person, if I do say so myself. I’m not one to lie or do anything singularly for my own benefit, and I think that people around me pick up on that quite quickly. Being soft hearted and kind are a very big part of who I am, so it’s definitely a quality I want to show. It doesn’t take much effort to be kind, but it always makes a lasting impact.

I wouldn’t call it a beauty secret as you can see it from a mile off, but my hair. It’s a big thing, literally, and wearing it curly in all its glory gives me so much confidence. Just embracing who you are, what you look like or in my case, what grows out your head naturally is best beauty secret there is.

Diversity is very close to my heart, and I hadn’t really seen a lot of women of colour enter Miss Universe Australia which made me really hesitant sign-up, in all honesty. But at the end of the day, someone has to put their foot forward and be the change they want to see, and that motivated me to enter and just give it my best shot. I just hope my being here inspires girls of other ethnic backgrounds to give it a shot in the years to come.

The resilience of people inspires me and gives me a lot of hope for this world. Seeing how people can be exposed to traumatic events, injustices and especially in this day and age, terror and fear but still have a lust for life and a desire to make the most of what they have is incredible. Even the way in which communities remain strong together and raise each other up, as those in Manchester have after what they’ve been through, is extraordinary and inspirational to me.

I’m very creative and musically inclined. Music has been a very big part of my life, even from a young age as my dad played the saxophone throughout my childhood. I’ve been playing the piano since I was 11 and there’s not a single moment in the day where I’m not singing or humming. While I still want to improve with the piano, I want to learn to play the guitar, violin and the saxophone as well so I haven’t got much hope for a quiet house in the future.

I love my sleep so I probably won’t be up until 9 or 10 and I’m a big eater, meaning I’ll be snacking from the get-go. I’d catch up with my friends and boyfriend on the days were not all studying, fit in a good workout and come back home to my family. I’ll have about 5 cups of tea as well; I’m English what can I say, and relax with a good book at the end of the day.

My bed is my haven. Many impromptu naps have been taken wrapped up in my covers in the middle of the afternoon, and whether I’m watching a movie or reading a book, it always feels better being in bed to do it.

I’m a huge animal lover who has been ruined by memes on the internet so calling dogs ‘pupper’, ‘doggo’ or ‘sweet angel babies’ is much more a part of my vocabulary than I’d like to admit.

To stop comparing yourself to others. While it doesn’t get you anywhere, it affects your own self-confidence and is a tough habit to break. The sooner you start embracing and loving yourself for who you are, the better off you’ll be in life.

1. My number one is always going to be food, any and all types
2. Any of the products from Palmer’s (the original coco butter company). My skin and hair love everything they make so my routine wouldn’t even exist without them
3. My family, friends and boyfriend. They’re a massive support network and love them to bits
4. Animals, we’ve discussed this, they’re precious angels and we need to protect them
5. Sunny autumn days, my favourite kind of weather

Elana_4.jpg?fit=640,960IMG_8656.jpg?fit=640,960FullSizeRender-4.jpg?fit=640,960

L U N A    N U E V A 

D A L I H L A ♥

Enlace al comentario

Elise Chambellant

I am a Brisbane girl born and raised. I recently turned 21, and I am currently in my fourth year of Exercise and Nutrition Science at The University of Queensland. I have a love for health and fitness which I like to combine with my constant need to explore nature; hiking and waterfall hopping just seem so much more entertaining than walking on a treadmill. I act for commercial and television projects as well as modelling outside of my studies. I just started my own promotion and Events Company and our first two activations were fantastic, so I cannot wait to get home from Melbourne and continue to expand the business. My friends, family and close network take priority in my life and always have. I hope to use my experience and qualifications to help other young people realise their full potential. All a brilliant young mind needs is encouragement and support. I feel I am well on my way to making that dream a reality.

Elise Congratulations on making it so far in the such a coveted competition, we have to ask how the overall experience has been so far?

Miss Universe Australia 2017 has been a full on experience, and I expected nothing less. It is challenging and rewarding in so many ways. I have enjoyed meeting and making solid friendships with this year’s contestants, and I hope to only strengthen those ties in Melbourne in the coming week.

Our Bali trip did not disappoint. From the accommodation to the food and sensational company it made for life-long and extremely special memories. My highlight of the trip would have to be the afternoon we spent at Think Pink Nail Spa. We were greeted like royalty, and no expense or trimming was spared from people who arguably have much less than we do, this made our time there all the more genuine and memorable. Although we did not speak the same language, we all laughed, made jokes and took selfies with our beautiful Balinese therapists at the end of our visit and they could not have been happier. I do not remember the last time my heart was as happy as it was in this moment.

Nerves are a given and to be expected. I have learnt to let them come and go and find routine is the best way to manage them. My days are long and full steam ahead, but it is the only way to get things done! I go to the gym for 2-3 hours per day, drink an obscene amount of turmeric lattes and continue to coordinate work and study commitments. A lot of my preparation for MUA is internal, and I find that to be the most crucial aspect of the personal presentation.

Resilience is key. I have grown immensely in the past two years and even more so in the months proceeding MUA 2016. Those close to me tend to describe me as “ahead of my years” or “an old soul” which I feel has often set me apart from the crowd. I have known real pain and faced huge setbacks at a young age which sees me prioritising other’s happiness before my own. Many people see that as a disadvantage but by putting others first I have found the people in my life who are worth keeping and who will fight to keep me a part of theirs and those people are truly irreplaceable.

Always dress for your unique shape and colouring. For example, I look horrible in orange or red. I am extremely pale without the competition tan layered on so I tend to avoid colours that will bring out red or yellow tones in my skin. The same can be said for shape. We all have ‘assets’ there is something or more likely a hundred things that are beautiful about you so find which ones you love the most and accentuate them. Your eyes, your waist, your petite ankles the world is your oyster!

As this is my second time competing for the title of MUA, I feel my motivation has changed enormously. Entering for the second time did not come without a great deal of ‘toing and froing’ MUA is a massive leap… Physically and emotionally it pushes you to your limits… Well, I suppose that depends on how competitive you are which brings me to my answer. I am a competitive, determined young lady with unrelenting standards and I expect nothing but the best from MYSELF. If I don’t feel I have presented my best, then I don’t intend on stopping until I do which is why I entered for the second time in 2017. My greatest competition is the woman in the mirror and I wouldn’t have it any other way.

Knowing or being close to those people who have had a difficult past and still built a successful career and warm attitude to the people around them deeply inspires me to push myself. I am so blessed to have been given the family, education and love I still receive to this day. I have known unbelievably special people who at every cruel hurdle could have given up and refused. They have built lives, families and dreams from nothing and that alone should be enough to make you want to thrive, help others and push to be someone else’s inspiration

I am naturally quite shy. Crazy I know. I taught myself from a young age how to interact with all kinds of people and humour was more often than not the vessel I used to communicate. When I first started going out at 18, I would almost always go out on my own. I could meet friends out of course, but I would get ready and get there on my own. This meant I had to find the venue, walk in and find my group or make friends all flying solo. I use to shake I was so nervous! But it pushed me to the edge of my comfort zone, and now people would assume I am the most confident and self-assured in the room.

The first thing I do when I wake up is cuddle my two gorgeous puppies.
They emerge from the doona with floppy warm ears and climb straight onto my chest for a mummy cuddle. Then we go for a walk to the park come home and straight to the kitchen! It’s like feeding time on the Serengeti at my house. Three cats three dogs a snake and Fetty the fish. Once brekkie is done, I usually sit down with a cup of tea and watch an episode of my favourite box sets. Frasier, grey’s anatomy, and west wing I try to steer clear of the news. Depending on the day it could be anything from a casting, filming a commercial or running an event for my promotional company. They could all be up to 14 hour days so on days off I spend time with my best friends going to breakfast at my favourite cafes and consuming all the turmeric lattes available. I spend a few hours at the gym rebooting and clearing my head before coming home having a hot shower and whacking on some essential oils to make sure I’m out like a light for the next crazy day.

I feel most at home in the bush or forest. I come from a long line of dairy farmers to this day our family still owns and runs one of the largest dairy farms in the country. So naturally I grew up spending a lot of my family vacations and weekends 4WDing, hiking, swimming in water holes and learning about different types of snakes, frogs, birds and bugs from my rad dad (mum not so much “no thanks”).

I feel alive and totally calm in nature… I was going to say Kmart because it is my other favourite place in the world but then I realised I get THE MOST anxiety there because I don’t know how to handle so many bargains at one time?! Think of all the homewares and small dog jumpers!

You will take away only what you put in, to a situation a relationship or an opportunity. You cannot expect to receive more than what you are giving so give it everything.

You have made it this far, and it will get harder, but you are stronger than you could imagine so don’t you dare give up!

My family and friends
My puppies and all of my beautiful pets
Dessert any kind mostly Darrell Lee BB’s they are my new thing
MOTHER EARTH CLEARLY! Pick up your rubbish!
Eyebrow brush… I have this weird eyebrow thing don’t ask

IMG_4926.jpg?fit=640,581IMG_4966.jpg?fit=640,512IMG_4957.jpg?fit=1146,502Facetune.jpg?fit=1146,502Elise-4.jpg?fit=1146,502Elise-Chambellant-1.jpg?fit=640,531

L U N A    N U E V A 

D A L I H L A ♥

Enlace al comentario

Erin Scott

My name is Erin Scott, and I’m from a town in country South Australia called Kadina. I study Media (film and TV) and marketing at UniSA, I’m a published illustrator, and I have played Netball for the U17 and U19 SA team.

Erin Congratulations on making it so far in the such a coveted competition, we have to ask how the overall experience has been so far?

I have become more confident and sure of myself through this experience and have met the most incredible girls. Everyone is so nice, and I love being around such positive people.

The Bali trip was an incredible opportunity to go to the Bali Life Orphanage which was definitely my highlight. I loved it because all of the children were so happy to see us and we danced and sang together. Despite how little they have, they were still so happy, and I love that.

It;s not long now until the finals, how are you feeling in the lead-up and what sort of preparation are you doing, before the finals get underway?

I’m so excited for the finals! I’ve been eating healthily, exercising, practising my walk, keeping up with the news and practising some possible questions. I believe that all of the hard work needs to come before the final and then once you’re up there, just have fun.

The energy that I have on stage is something that sets me apart. I give it my all, and I always have so much fun while I’m out there.

Paw paw cream! I have pretty dry lips, so it’s a lifesaver.

I gained so much from the experience as a contestant last year; I wanted to keep going! It was one of the greatest experiences of my life, so I wanted to enter again.

Emma Stone is one of my many strong female inspirations. She can be elegant and graceful but can also be a complete goofball. She also has an amazing work ethic and is very professional. I aspire to be like her because I want to be all of those things and still be my goofy self.

I love dressmaking, and I designed, sewed and dyed my own formal dress in year 12.

An average day would be going to uni, netball training and then coming home and watching a movie or tv series. Pretty exciting I know!

Back home in Kadina with my amazing parents and my little dog Ruby.

“Go hard or go home,” it just makes me push and try a little harder

Just go for it and don’t worry about what people think.

My Mum, Dad, Brother, a cosy jumper and oxygen.

Erin-Scott-gall2.jpg?fit=640,852Erin-scott-Gallery.jpg?fit=1146,502

L U N A    N U E V A 

D A L I H L A ♥

Enlace al comentario

Genie Koulaeva

I’m a Melbourne girl and grew up running between Dancesport training, swimming and aerobics. I’ve competed Nationally and Internationally in Dancesport, and look forward to heading to the Blackpool World Dance Festival in the next two years. Since finishing university, I’ve been working in the public hospital system as a Doctor, and am currently spending most of my days in the operating theatre doing plastic and reconstructive surgery. Outside of work and dancing, I’m close to finishing my first owner-builder home, built mostly from recycled materials and with a very high energy rating, something that has been a childhood dream of mine!

Genie Congratulations on winning a Wildcard and making it so far in the such a coveted competition, we have to ask how the overall experience has been so far?

It has been pretty amazing! I thought I was out for this year at the state final, and to have had so much support shown and to then go on and win the wildcard has been incredible and somewhat surreal! It’s also been wonderful to have so many great sponsors on board, like Hurt Locker Richmond and Bodyography, which have meant that the Victorian team has been able to get close and spend time together at events throughout the year in the lead up to the Finals.

Not long to go now! I’m super excited, and being a wildcard, I haven’t had as much prep time as the other finalists, so the last few days have been a bit of a blur, but a very exciting blur! Preparation for me is continuing my regular exercise, which includes cycling, boxing and dancing, clean eating and keeping a positive mindset!
…as well as the occasional massage of course!

I have a pretty killer catwalk, hahaha! But seriously…Every girl this year has brought something different and unique to the competition, and we all have a lot of special qualities. I think pressure, stress and performance anxiety are big challenges in this type of competition, and having grown up competing Internationally, as well as working in a high stress and demanding job, I am used to it, and hopefully, bring a calmer atmosphere to the room, and am always happy to help backstage.

Skin is really sensitive to a lack of moisture, and so drinking plenty of water is a definite must. But I have to say my favourite beauty secret is using freshly ground coffee beans with a bit of olive oil, brown sugar and even some mustard seed as an exfoliator (especially for my face) a couple of times a week work wonderfully!

I’ve been watching the international Miss Universe pageant since I was little, and have always loved the question and answer section. As I got older, I noticed more and more how much we pigeon-hole people and have many times myself had people dismiss my opinion or intelligence based on my looks. I think it really is about time, we as woman especially, STOP judging and belittling other women based on appearance, and I wanted to show that a smart, intelligent, experienced, and beautiful girl can be all that, and can win a pageant and be a positive role model and representative for Australia on the International stage.

Education is something that we in Australia are very privileged to have access to, and that I have been very fortunate to have had. Sadly, there are many countries in the world where this is not the case, and there are currently over 30 million primary school-aged children who have never attended school. More than 2/3 of the world’s illiterate population in all age groups are women, and this makes me sad, but also inspires me to advocate for education. My inspiration for this is the incredible Malala Yousafzai, the world’s youngest Nobel Prize laureate, but more importantly, ONE girl who stood up for what she believed in – a woman’s right to an education – and made a difference.

I don’t mind spiders, am totally ok with snakes, but I hate cockroaches…just can’t
stand them. They are so squirmy and creepy…eugh.

I love to bake decadent cakes but unfortunately don’t often get to eat them…well maybe the occasional slice!

Usually, an early start, anywhere between 4.30 and 5.30 am, with a healthy breakie and coffee, followed by either a ride to the beach or boxing, then I head to the operating theatre, and depending on the list that day might not finish until the evening. On my days off, you’ll find me either at the beach, pilates or dancing, or
doing some odd job to finish the house off (most recently I have been painting walls!).

The beach. I love cycling along the beach track, it clears my head and is so beautiful and peaceful that it usually brings me back down to earth. Otherwise, my all time favourite place to go and get away from it all is a small garden in the Dandenong Ranges, it has been beautifully designed and maintained, and there is definitely something about the fresh air up there!

‘Seriously’…I just can’t help it; pops up my most of my conversations

Never hold back, and don’t let fear of failure stop you from doing what you want or achieving your dreams. If you don’t do something because you’re afraid, you’ve already told yourself “No” before anyone else has had a chance to say “Yes”.

My family, especially my mum and grandma, coffee (and I don’t think anyone actually, wants to see me without me it), my Shearers Uggs, a good Wi-Fi connection
and bad “Dad” jokes!

image3-3.jpg?fit=640,959Miss-Universe-Australia-2017-Finalist-Geimage4-2.jpg?fit=640,960image2-7.jpg?fit=640,878

L U N A    N U E V A 

D A L I H L A ♥

Enlace al comentario

Georgia Gravanis

My name is Georgia Gravanis, and I am from Sydney! I lead somewhat of a double life as my days vary between working in human resources while also modelling – if not both in the same day (It can be a bit of a balancing act!).

I come from a multicultural background, and I am Greek/Australian. I was brought up speaking Greek and spent a lot of my childhood in Greece with my family. This developed my love of travelling, and I have serious #wanderlust if I’m ever in Sydney for too long as I try and visit a new destination each year. This year I have been lucky enough to go to the Maldives, Singapore and of course Bali!

I’m a bit of a silent achiever and have always set goals for myself. After schooling, I completed my bachelor of business degree at UTS with a distinction average which proved to myself that I could make anything happen and be a role model to help others achieve their goals.

I love to spend my down time with friends and family, and our house has become the hangout spot where we enjoy each other’s company over laughter, good times and of course food! (I am in a Greek household, after all, there is always food!)

Georgia Congratulations on making it so far in the such a coveted competition, we have to ask how the overall experience has been so far?

Thank you! I feel so lucky to be a part of this competition. My whole experience with Miss Universe Australia has been so positive, and the program is run so well by the directors and team. This is my second time competing and last year was a great experience regarding my personal development so I’ve really come back with everything I’ve learned to do the best I can!

Our Bali trip was unforgettable. I had never been to Bali, so it was incredible to experience a new place with a great group of girls, and not to mention how incredible the Intercontinental resort was! Every area was the perfect backdrop for a photo shoot, documentary or of course our lip synching video! We had the absolute A-team with us for hair and makeup as well (Alarna Bell from Bodyography and Paper Rokk Hair). We went to some of the most amazing restaurants such as Mrs Sippy and Rock Bar and everywhere we went was so rich with culture!

I had two highlights; the first was at Sundays Beach Club – it was a great night getting to know the girls and relaxing by the beach bonfire roasting marshmallows! Sometimes it’s the simple pleasures that are the most memorable.
We also visited Bali Life Foundation and spent the day with the children where we danced and played games. The children’s energy was so admirable – one little girl, Ing, was the same age as my cousin here in Sydney and it really put everything into perspective and truly makes you appreciate what we have. It was such a rewarding experience, and I would love to go back to visit the children again.

Finals are coming up so quickly! I’m feeling really happy with my progress by preparing myself physically and mentally and having a positive outlook on the whole experience. I have improved my lifestyle by not giving into my sweet tooth as I am always the first to jump to dessert! However, I believe in everything in moderation, so I still allow the occasional indulgence… I have been focussing on regular gym, and PT sessions and I started boxing eight weeks ago which I am loving! I have also been keeping up to date with current affairs and practising Q&A’s.

Trust me; all the girls are bringing their flare in this competition! I believe my passion and drive is something that sets me apart; it is my goal to inspire others which is why I am here. I am someone that has experienced many challenges, from family circumstances to ongoing health battles to come from a multicultural family but I have always held a strong sense of self which I would hope to carry by being the best ambassador for Australia and inspiring others to stay true to who they are.

There’s too many! My mum is a beauty therapist, so I learned all my beauty secrets from her. I’m more about highlighting my natural features regarding makeup, and this all starts with the right skin care so your skin can look and feel its best.

I have watched Miss Universe from a young age, both nationally and internationally and have been very inspired by past contestants and what they went on to achieve. Miss Universe Australia is a fantastic platform to act as a role model, inspire others and be an ambassador. I entered because I love to push myself out of my comfort zone, so I thought – if I didn’t enter now, then when would I?

Padma Lakshmi is someone that inspires me as she has used her fame as a platform to raise awareness to endometriosis – a condition affecting 1 in 10 women which affect your reproductive organs. I have suffered from endometriosis for eight years, and this disease completely limited my everyday life. However, like her, I am not one to let anything get in my way, and I continued to persevere. I am so inspired by her efforts of co-funding a charity, and she inspired me to share my story.

I absolutely love languages! English was actually my second language as I was brought up speaking Greek. I went to an International school where I learned English which was definitely challenging. Being an International school, there was a strong focus on languages, so I started learning Japanese at the age of four also. This developed my love for languages, culture and of course, travel!

My days will depend on whether I’m working in HR or as a model. I’ll wake up, take my dog Bailey for a walk, get ready and go to work, spend my lunch breaks catching up on emails and working on my brand and posts and then back in the office. After work, I’ll fit in the gym and then come home and be spoiled with the most amazing dishes. I’ve also been improving on my cooking skills, so I’ll try new recipes (and hope they go well!). I lead quite a busy life so I don’t get much down time but I wouldn’t have it any other way!

I try and go back to Greece each year as it is truly my second home. It is so important to take a break and find time to relax, rejuvenate and refresh (and escape the cold!).

Everything happens for a reason.

From a young age, I had a strong sense of self and knew what I wanted. I would tell myself to keep working towards my goals and to hold onto my drive to continue to grow and be the best version of myself. The best thing about the future is it comes one day at a time so to keep moving forward even if I don’t know what’s ahead

Chocolate (An occasional indulgence… or two… so I’m going to count that twice!), my phone (guilty), my dog Bailey and the sun (in moderation – I am a summer baby after all).

160217-1210.jpg?fit=1146,502Il10.jpg?fit=640,853IMG_0533.jpg?fit=1146,502Miss-Universe-Australia-2017-Finalist-Ge

L U N A    N U E V A 

D A L I H L A ♥

Enlace al comentario

Georgie Mitchell

I was born and raised in Melbourne, Victoria as an only child. I grew up skiing competitively in Falls Creek as part of the ‘Falls Creek Race Squad’ every winter and have always been madly obsessed with all kinds of dogs especially the four that I’ve grown up with. I started modelling part time at the age of 16 and have worked overseas in Shanghai, New Zealand and London and now work as a model full-time in Sydney. I have completed a lot of studies over the years including a Bachelor of Commerce majoring in Marketing and Commercial Law at Deakin University, and recently completed my double Masters in Entrepreneurship & Innovation and Masters in Business Administration at Swinburne University.

Georgie Congratulations on making it so far in the such a coveted competition, we have to ask how the overall experience has been so far?

Like a dream! I was a National Finalist last year and enjoyed the whole process so much that I came back for more. I’m very excited to be back in the Miss Universe Australia program and cannot wait for finals and to be in Melbourne with all the girls again!

Yes, I did. The Intercontinental Resort in Bali was heavenly!! An absolutely gorgeous resort! The trip was jam packed with fun activities, personal development, superb restaurants and lots of laughs. I must say my two favourite highlights from the trip was dancing with the girls from the Bali Life Foundation (they are amazing!) and taking part in Nia & Tegan’s (my team captain’s) Universal Confidence workshop.

It;s not long now until the finals, how are you feeling in the lead-up and what sort of preparation are you doing, before the finals get underway?

In preparation for the finals and the week leading into the finals, I am making sure I nurture my body so that I’m fit and healthy for that busy scheduled week… Lots of strength and conditioning, sleep, eating a balanced diet and keeping up to date on current affairs as well as fundraising as much as I can for ToyBox International.

With so many women all bring their individual flare to the competition, what do you think will set you apart from the other contestants?  Simon Everiss

Although I am young, I have experienced a lot through travelling and working abroad and have had academic success completing all of my studies. I feel I am in the absolute perfect position to be Miss Universe Australia being able to donate 100% of my time to the program and to fulfilling any duties required of me. Plus I enjoy being on stage and look forward to showing the judges that!

I think my best beauty hack comes from the inside… a balanced diet, lots of water and plenty of sleep is the best beauty secret I can give. The next would be coconut oil as a moisturiser.

My experience from last year! Moving interstate was a little overwhelming for me last year; I found new friends and a sense of belonging to a like-minded community in the Miss Universe Australia program so with that and my love for the Miss Universe pageant I entered again.

Elon Musk inspires me… I completed my Double Masters in Entrepreneurship and Innovation, Master’s in Business Administrations so I really admire and respect how innovative and forward thinking he is. Even more so I love his vision for making the world more sustainable and efficient. Some of his visions are revolutionary and truly inspiring.

I was a ‘Dealette’ on Deal or No Deal. I carried case 11 or ‘legs eleven’ as some people would call it. ?

I am in a very lucky position. Enjoying all that Sydney has to offer… including the beautiful weather and it being Australia’s fashion hub. I work as a model full-time in Sydney, so every day varies depending on what job I have on as I often work interstate. But generally, I wake at 6 am to do the Bondi to Bronte Coastal Walk as I like to get my exercise in in the morning and love that walk (who doesn’t!), followed by coffee and a healthy breakfast (normally oats), I’ll then skim read the paper, then off to work, lunch, work, then I try to catch up with friends/family via the phone or if I can catch up in person whilst being active I always push for that…i.e. Pilates with a friend, then healthy dinner (rice, veg and salmon), A long bath filled with Epsom salts and often a Soy Hot Chocolate J, then some trashy TV/couch time and into bed as early as I can.

BALI ~ I have grown up with Bali as my ‘second home’. I have been there over 30 times (always the same hotel), and I feel very comfortable being there as I’ve grown up knowing all the staff members. I go as often as I can for short durations (5-7 days). My parents also love it just as much as I do so the three of us will go together and it’s the most beautiful and truly relaxing place I know.

How lucky I am!! I really can’t believe how lucky I am to have the life I do. I try to live each day with a ‘full heart’ which means practising gratitude and being kind to others. And I must say my heart feels very full!

I’m not sure whether I would classify this as ‘advice’ but more so reassurance… ‘to sit back and enjoy the ride’.

My pashmina! I have always ‘felt the cold’… So, I ‘ll take my electric blue pashmina everywhere! A hot-water bottle, earring’s that hold sentimental value from my parents, my first and only piece of artwork I’ve bought (again holds sentimental value and was named after me ‘Georgie’s morning’) and my passport!

Georgie-Feature.jpg?fit=640,773046A6661-copy.jpg?fit=450,650G9A7478.jpeg?fit=640,960

L U N A    N U E V A 

D A L I H L A ♥

Enlace al comentario

Grady Wulff

My name is Grady Catherine Wulff, and I am 22 years old from Perth, Western Australia. In February 2016 I graduated from Curtin University in Perth with distinction in a Bachelor of Commerce Majoring in Marketing and Advertising and have held jobs in a number of industries as a result of my hard work and determination.
I am sporty, active and live an incredibly busy life. My can-do attitude and constant will to challenge myself have led to many challenges overcome and great personal development, making me the strong person that I am today.
I am currently working as the Marketing Manager for the software company ClientVault as well as the Marketing Assistant for Fearless Active Wear. I have just finished my time at The Neurological Council of WA after assisting with their rebranding and spending 18 months transforming the way in which the nursing service was delivered from paper and pen to a web-app platform.

Grady Congratulations on making it so far in the such a coveted competition, we have to ask how the overall experience has been so far?

Thank you so much, I didn’t expect to make it this far and am so grateful for everything that has come from the competition.
The Miss West Coast, and now Miss Universe Australia competition has been like no other experience I have ever participated in before. I have grown so much as an individual, discovered new passions and enhanced my confidence thanks to the program.
From day one I knew I was well out of my comfort zone regarding public speaking and sharing my story.
The Bali trip was a highlight and is a journey I will never forget. I was immersed in a week of bonding activities, personal development, cultural experiences and beautiful people, which truly put things in perspective and enhanced my appreciation of our lives in Australia.
I am so thankful for the entire experience and no matter the outcome of the National Final I feel as though I have won in so many ways as a result of this program and am excited to see what the next chapter of my life brings.

The Miss Universe National Finalists trip to the Intercontinental Resort in Jimbaran Bay, Bali was nothing short of incredible and is an experience that I will treasure forever. Not only did we get to meet and build friendships with the other beautiful national finalists, but we were also exposed to the traditional Indonesian Culture through the different daily activities. The weather was tropical and proved as a nice escape from the winter chills currently felt in Perth, and also pushed us harder in the condition for morning workouts.
As an Australian, the phrase ‘the lucky country’ had particular resonance when visiting the Bali Life Foundation Home. Many of us Australians become complacent with how lucky we truly are living in such an amazing country. Visiting a country like Indonesia clearly exemplified this notion, particularly visiting the Children of the Bali Life Foundation. Seeing others with so little yet being so happy and positive emphasised how integral it is to appreciate the small things in life. The Miss Universe competition has given all of us the opportunity to give back in small ways and make a positive impact on those less fortunate than us as well as realise how very lucky we are to live the lives we do.

I honestly cannot believe how fast the National Final is approaching; it feels like yesterday we were in Bali! I am extremely excited, and I would be lying if I said I wasn’t nervous, however, I feel I am preparing to the best of my ability and pushing myself to prepare the best version of myself every day in the lead-up.
I have upped my fitness by attending more boxing sessions at The Hurtlocker Claremont each week as well as running most mornings along the beautiful WA coastline.
My diet has always been quite strict however I am taking more notice of what I eat and have cut out the cheat days given how close we are to finals.
Mentally preparing for the final involves listening to positive affirmation videos and meditation podcasts (also relaxing me throughout my busy days) and I regularly spend car rides rehearsing my introduction.

The level of competition this year is unbelievable; every girl is absolutely stunning inside and out, and as you mentioned, all bring their own flare.

My experience in web-app design and development, and innovative app ideas involved travelling to present to City Councils, Industry professionals and businessmen and women well beyond my years and expertise. Standing in front of a room of council members at the age of 19 selling my passion for the retail app idea I had devised, and the team had developed rewarding and challenging and has prepared me for any situation of public speaking moving forward.
Such experience also relied on a great determination to not give up no matter how tough the challenges faced appeared. My determination, confidence, diverse skillset and passion are traits I hope to convey in the National Final to stand out above the other contestants.
I am a realist but also give 150% to every task I undertake. Working in the medical industry, in particular with clients living with neurological conditions, I have developed a strong passion for raising awareness for the lack of knowledge, understanding and funding for anyone living with such conditions. I hope to be a voice for the wonderful clients I know and don’t know living a life restricted by their respective Neurological condition.
I am hoping to bring something unexpected to the table, however, will remain grounded and real to myself standing beside the other unique contestants

My style changes but I stick to the neutral colours. My Beauty Secret is my mascara. I use a cheap mascara; I feel it is the simple secret to every makeup look. My Mascara is often the only makeup product I will use for a look especially living such a busy lifestyle. Mascara gives me a confidence boost ready to take on any task my day throws at me.

I have been asked in the past to enter the Miss Universe competition and felt I didn’t have enough behind me to offer as much value as I personally could. I am the kind of person to give 150% to everything I do, and I knew at the times of being asked, my ability to perform wouldn’t have been at my personal standard.

Holding off from entering was the best decision I have made. I am now confident in my ability to deliver as well as having achieved things I never imagined achieving including designing and developing a web-application to transform the way in which the nursing service is delivered by the Neurological Council of WA and more.
Thus I guess to answer your question, I saw entering Miss Universe as a challenge to build my confidence in public speaking and spread further awareness about Neurological Conditions and their presence in Australia. I was inspired to face my next internal battle and spread awareness of a topic I am so passionate about.

Professionals and leaders of the medical industry in Australia inspire me. Dr Charlie Teo is probably the most inspiring Surgeon and leader in the Australian health industry given his mantra to go where other surgeons refuse to go to prolong the lives and chances of every patient he works with. Dr Teo is constantly progressing and adopting medical advancements to improve enhance the services he offers and push boundaries to give every patient a chance they deserve at recovery.
Regarding what inspires me, I am truly inspired by progression in technology specific to the health industry.
Having played my part in technological enhancements to deliver services through the web-app, E-Wellness, that I created for the Neurological Council of WA, I am constantly in awe of global technological growth and developments in the medical industry to treat, prolong and add value to the services offered to all patients on their respective health journeys, to aid the management and maintain their wellness for as long as possible.
My involvement has inspired me to constantly learn more and expand my skill set to further make a mark in the health industry in the future. I am currently teaching myself iOS app coding to bring to life my deeper idea and design for health service delivery.

I am 6ft tall, have blonde hair and defy the blonde stereotype with my self-taught experience in web-app development.
I absolutely love playing and watching sport in particular netball, which I played State League at the Perth Lions for a number of years. If I am not busy working and running around for various commitments, you’ll find me down south at Quindalup, Western Australia by the beach as this is my favourite place to escape.
My creative flare and hard work have to lead to jobs in various industries, and my motivation, determination and passion drive me to give 150% to every task at hand.
I have developed a strong passion for web development, in particular, devising new app ideas while completing my iOS coding course.
I am selfless, caring and loving and will always be here for my friends and anyone who needs me at all times and I love being able to help people through tough situations.

My day-to-day life is never the same, and I very much enjoy it that way. I work two jobs and model as well. I guess if I had to give a snapshot of an average day in my life this year is would be as follows:
5 am – Rise and shine for Boxing at the Hurtlocker in Claremont
7 am – Head into the office I work to hit the ground running in my role as the Marketing Manager for ClientVault
12 pm – I often have to pop to fittings, press shots, or castings on my lunch breaks around Perth
1 pm – Back in the office
4.30pm – Head home to get ready for an event or new venue opening
6 pm – Attend the event
9 pm – Home to work on the social media role I have just commenced with Fearless Activewear and reply to any emails I have received
11 pm – Time for Bed!

My family has a holiday home in Quindalup, which is in the South West Region of WA (About a 3-hour drive from Perth). I try to escape down there as much as possible to relax and unwind even if only for a few days.
The country air, relaxed ambience, beach close by, and endless amounts of things to do and see make it my all time favourite place in the world. I actually went there a few weeks ago to begin my preparation for the Miss Universe National Final for fitness and to get into the right mindset for the Final.
We sometimes forget how lucky we are to live in such a beautiful country like Australia with so many amazing sights at our doorstep, and escaping to the countryside is my way of relaxing and unwinding.

I’m Hungry
(Sometimes even when I am not)

Let fate and hard work determine your future. The 150% you give to everything is about to pay off in a way you will never believe. You may be facing the toughest times and challenges you ever have, and at times you may want to give up, but that is not in your nature, and your challenges have built you to be the strong woman you are today.

The next three years really are YOUR YEARS. Wake up know the future is extremely bright and putting in the effort now and every day will pay off beyond well your expectations. Don’t compare yourself to others, be a true friend, and present and build the best version of you.

Stay am humble, grounded and never stop to look at what you have achieved, keep asking yourself ‘what is next’, and continue living by the quote ‘Don’t judge me by my successes, judge me by how many times I fell and got back up again’ by Nelson Mandela as you have fallen many times, but jumped back up twice as high to conquer many challenges. Keep going; you’ve got this!

1. My Phone for communication, news updates, organisation, podcasts, maps and music
2. The Beach – Running along the coast is my favourite form of exercise and meditation to start my day positively and clear my mind
3. My Nivea lip balm; everyone who knows me knows I have a lip balm (or 2) on hand at all times.
4. Family and Friends; my family are everything to me. They are the ones who have pushed me and provided me with the best opportunities to become the person I am today. I love spending time with my family down south and turn to my parents for guidance in times of adversity or challenge. My friends have supported me through many obstacles and projects I have faced in my life and are the ones who I know will always be there for me no matter what.
5. My running shoes; I live an incredibly active and busy life. Having loved sports and exercise from a young age and playing Netball at a high level for many years, I have come to rely on my runners every day from playing tennis with friends to netball and running I can’t live without my runners.

GradyWulffNew.png?fit=636,1085&ssl=1IMG_7646-1.jpg?fit=640,800&ssl=1IMG_8286.jpg?fit=640,960&ssl=1

L U N A    N U E V A 

D A L I H L A ♥

Enlace al comentario

Jordan Simmonds

My name is Jordy; I’m 24 years old from Newcastle. I’m pursuing a career in nutrition and health and am inspired to help people live a healthier and happier life.

Jordy Congratulations on making it so far in the such a coveted competition, we have to ask how the overall experience has been so far?

The overall experience has been personally and emotionally challenging but has been the most rewarding experience of my life thus far.

The whole experience from Bali was incredible! I love Bali, and to do it with all the girls, making so many new friends was an experience I’ll never forget. The people I got know was probably my highlight. But I also really enjoyed visiting the Bali life orphanage and also roasting marshmallows at Sunday’s beach club.

I’m really nervous in the lead-up, it’s another brand new experience for me. I am really focusing on myself, confidence building and focusing on personal goals in the lead up to the competition.

I think my personality sets me apart. I believe I am understanding and kind which has a lot to do with what I’ve experienced in life. Well, I really hope so anyway ?

My best style or beauty secret would be to dress in what you feel comfortable in. I think if you feel confident it doesn’t matter what you wear, your natural beauty will shine through!

My friends encouraged me to enter, but it has always been something I’ve thought about doing since I was younger. I would be inspired to enter again, to be surrounded by so many encouraging and beautiful people. It’s honestly changed my life.

There’s a lot of people that inspire me. But more so than anyone, someone who always makes me want to try harder is my little sister Maddy. She’s the strongest, smartest and most motivated person I know. And I never want to give up, whenever I think of her.

I think I’ve experienced a lot of different things so far in life, but one of my favourites would be being a swim teacher. I absolutely love working with children, and it’s something I’m also really good at, connecting with young kids. It never felt like work! ?

Any average day for me, if I’m not at university or work would include going to the gym, going for a walk and coffee with friends and making food. I love baking and trying new things. I hope I can one day write a nutrition based recipe book, so whenever I have spare time that’s what I enjoy doing.

I haven’t travelled much yet, but I will be! What I think anywhere on a beach is My favourite place in the world.

Sorry! Everyone always tells me I say sorry too much.

Five years ago, I would tell myself to save all of my money and travel overseas.

1. Michael Jordan jersey (I never wear it, but I was named after him and it is my favourite thing ever. And makes me think of people I love)
2. Cheese
3. Love
4. Friends
5. Sight ( I’d never want to miss out on being able to see the beauty in the world)

image2-4.jpg?resize=768,1152image1-4.jpg?w=1333

L U N A    N U E V A 

D A L I H L A ♥

Enlace al comentario

Jordy Kuriata

Hello! My name is Jordy Kuriata. I am 20 years old, from Perth Western Australia. Being blessed with a loving family who has shaped me into the person I am today, my friends and my family are a huge priority in my life.

I feel I am a very down to earth person, what you see is what you get with me. Also quite a dare devil at times, always looking to push myself out of my comfort zone and do things I have never done before. That’s what excites me about life.

I enjoy adventures and the thrill of new challenges however I still consider myself having a rather chilled nature. I take everything as it comes and I try not to take life too seriously. Being a laid back girl with the strongest of morals on natural beauty. I believe that every girl young or old is beautiful, we should embrace our natural beauty, and never feel we have to hide behind a mask of makeup.

During the past six months, I have been fortunate to have been involved in an exciting new project with Perth-based brand Cocobella Lifestyle. Together we have designed an amazing new swim collection that launches globally online early July. This opportunity is a dream come true for me.

Having just returned from a fantastic three week Sei Bella campaign shoot in Bali and the Gili Islands with an awesome young Perth creative team having the time of our lives, we are now preparing to embark on another trip to Positano on the Amalfi Coast of Italy. Exciting opportunities ahead.

Jordy Congratulations on making it so far in the such a coveted competition, we have to ask how the overall experience has been so far?

Thank you so much! This experience has been incredible! I never expected to get this far, but my achievements have kept surprising me! The competition has been such a huge learning curve for me; I feel I have really developed as a person thru out this journey. I have become more confident in myself. The experience has been so wonderful. Meeting the other competitors and getting to know their personalities really helps you stay true to yourself, as every girl is different and unique in their own way.

Yes, we did! The experience was amazing! Just being in Bali with all the girls, in general, was incredible. Getting to meet everyone from each state and realising how beautiful and unique they all were. Everyone made me feel so warm and comfortable. All the activities and dinners provided were amazing. A group of lucky girls that’s for sure!

I also really enjoyed Tegan and Nia’s confidence speech. Knowing that they had been thru the steps that we are going thru now, explaining it with such ease and confidence, really made me see this competition in a different light, knowing that each one of us girls has a chance to win the crown. Their speeches brought out the confidence in each and every one of us; they are both great role models.

The one highlight of the Bali trip for me was going to the Bali life foundation and experiencing a couple of hours with these wonderful children. It really made me appreciate life to the fullest seeing these kids having so much fun. Huge smiles on their faces, a very heart warming experience.

Crazy how fast time has gone by! I am so exited, I thrive on the adrenalin rush I get from being a part of something like this! Knowing that I have so much support from my family and friends makes me more confident. I am so lucky to have so many family members support what I do; they are all coming over to Melbourne for the final. Just knowing that I have them all in the crowd makes me feel so much more at ease. The preparation I have been doing is eating clean, being active and just keeping my mind open. I have been taking the competition one step at a time, whatever happens, will happen on the day, and I will be proud no matter what.

All the women are so beautiful and unique in their own way. It really depends on what the judges are looking for at the time and who they feel will represent Australia the best. I believe that I can be a great role model for the younger and older girls out there. I love Australia. I’m a true blue down to earth Aussie girl. I am accepting of everyone no matter what their life’s circumstances may be. I remain true to myself and my morals; I wouldn’t change that for the world, integrity is of most importance to me.

My increasing creativity! I always dress for comfort and love to mix things up! I hate being uncomfortable! I am a very outgoing girl, and I love going to events and embracing my personality through my outfits. I feel my personality shows thru my style. I am all for colours too. My wardrobe is very coloured, and I love patterns. Dressing a little crazy for music festivals is also fun. At home, I am always la natural!

I entered miss universe Australia for the experience. I have never done anything like this before, and this is where my daring personality comes into it. I just wanted to try something new and push myself!! So I did, and it has truly been the greatest experience, I am so happy that I pushed myself to do it as there were moments where I did have my doubts. However looking to where I am now, with a bunch of new friends and great life memories I will always treasure. I wouldn’t change a thing. I have loved every moment, and I would certainly encourage other girls to embark on this journey.

I love to see people being creative and making the most of every opportunity with the talents they have been given. I truly admire the likes of Elle Macpherson and Jen Hawkins. Both beautiful women, who have established entrepreneurial careers in various fields from their initial modelling and pageant days and remained great role models for young Australian girls like myself. This is what I aspire to be.

I’m a goof ball, and I love to eat! People think models don’t eat! I do. I’m really into different kinds of foods, exploring new tastes and dishes. Another aspect of my adventurous side I guess. I love being goofy around my friends, taking silly pictures and pulling faces, showing the less serious side of myself.

I’m crazy busy at the moment preparing for the upcoming trip to Melbourne and for the launch of Sei Bella Aqua Wear early July. Amongst this frenzy, I always try to find time to fit in some sort of exercise as I love to eat! Even though crazy busy, I always find quality time to spend with my family and friends too.

My favourite place in the world to wind down and relax would definitely be my local beach, Pinnaroo point. I have been going there ever since I was little and I have fond memories down there of my Granddad and I who has now passed. It is such a beautiful and calm beach. Very quiet, only the sound of waves crashing on the shore. I love it because it has remained pristine and secluded

Something I find myself saying all the time is WHY NOT? I have had a few of my friends come up to me lately asking for my opinion, asking if they should do something or not. I had a thought about it, and I said, what is stopping you? You should give every opportunity that comes your way a go.
I am all for giving every situation ago. So my advice to my friends is always,” WHY NOT?” Just do it

The advice that I would have given to myself five years ago is not fall in love so quickly. I have been hurt many times by giving way to much love to people and doing so many things for others and never getting anything back in return. I am still such a loving person, and it is a hard thing to change but I think to go through such obstacles has made me a stronger person. I have never been happier. I have stayed true to myself and have tried so hard not to let people walk over me all the time, as that is what I struggled with a couple of years ago. I am a very loving loyal person and love getting that love in return.

Five things that I couldn’t live without is my beautiful family; they are my biggest support with whatever I do.
Love.
The ocean. Water, makes me feel happy and healthy.
My friends.
Oh and can I add ice cream…… ???

Image-3-1.jpg?fit=640,960&ssl=1IMG_8989.jpg?fit=640,960&ssl=1Image-7.jpg?fit=1146,502IMG_8845.png?fit=640,854&ssl=1IMG_8990.jpg?fit=640,960&ssl=1

L U N A    N U E V A 

D A L I H L A ♥

Enlace al comentario

Kate Hedges

My name is Kate Hedges. I’m a 23-year-old from Western Australia with a marketing and advertising background, who created her own online clothing boutique. My store, Fashion Backroom, uses models of all sizes to promote positive body image in young women. I’m incredibly passionate about keeping fit and healthy and am a firm believer that there is beauty in everyone.

Kate Congratulations on winning a Wildcard and making it so far in the such a coveted competition, we have to ask how the overall experience has been so far?

Thank you!  The wildcard opportunity was incredible. I was fortunate enough to be voted as the Miss Congeniality of the Miss West Coast leg of the Miss Universe Australia competition, so this gave me the opportunity to go with the other National finalists on the Bali trip. Doing this alone would have been more than enough! However, as fate would have it, I managed to make some incredible friendships with girls all around the country who have since voted me back into the competition as the wildcard! The overall experience, I would have to say is that for me personally, it’s been a complete rollercoaster. I wouldn’t have it any other way; it’s definitely kept me on my toes.

Finals are just around the corner for Nationals. My preparation for the final in Melbourne has been intense. I’ve been smashing out boxing workouts at the best boxing gym in Perth, Hurt Locker, as well as checking in with a Personal Trainer twice a week for extra fitness and toning sessions. I’ve also paid more attention to my diet and have used food to fuel my extra exercise sessions so that I feel confident on stage. I’ve also been prepping by getting regular beauty/hair treatments, dress fittings with our incredible gown designer, Steph Audino and making sure I’m up to date with current world affairs. Oh, and I can’t forget the regular spray tans – essential for any redhead!

An instant distinguisher for me is my auburn hair, which draws people in. I’m lucky enough to get compliments on it regularly. What sticks for people I think, is that as Miss Congeniality, I’m renowned for being bubbly and friendly, and find I can have a meaningful conversation with absolutely anyone.

I’m a sucker for a year round tan. Being a redhead, I’m destined to fake it ‘till you make it, so a coat of Bondi Sands Dark Mousse is my best style tip. As for a beauty secret, I swear by using an SPF 50+ sunscreen as my primer, every single day. Not only does it protect your skin from the sun, but also helps your makeup stay on better. My favourite is We Are Feel Good Inc in the coconut scent!

I wanted to create an opportunity for myself to be around other like-minded women. The contestants in this year’s competition are phenomenal. We truly have the best bunch of well-rounded, confident, beautiful and remarkable girls. To surround me with people like this is completely surreal. The best part is, being so close to these girls, has made them friends for life.

Seeing other women succeed. Inspiration comes in all forms, but I love to see young women launch their own businesses, develop their own companies, and hear success stories of them doing it. The best part is, women aren’t afraid to speak up about the real journey it took to get them to ‘success’, as it’s not always easy.

I finished my double degree in Commerce and Design at 20, and launched my own business at 22! I loved the look on people’s faces when they realised how much I’ve managed to squeeze into my short time on this earth.

I’m an early riser, so my day starts with an exercise session (boxing at Hurt Locker or PT), followed by a quick Instagram scroll and post for Fashion Backroom. When I’m not managing Fashion Backroom, I’m working at the WA Institute of Sport. Depending on my work day, I’ll either manage elite athlete scholarships and travel or be running around to label showings, styling photo shoots or updating the website

Exercise is my release. I’m in my happy place when I’m working out. Second, to that, I’ve become a massive foodie, so eating at a new restaurant always makes me feel good.

“You have the same twenty-four hours in the day as Beyoncé.” I use it to motivate not only myself but my friends too.

You’ll never know when you’re no longer going to grace this earth, so live every single day to its full potential, Don’t be afraid to speak up for fear of looking foolish. You’re so much stronger than you know. You’ll have days where you feel lost and uninspired, but you’re the most determined and dedicated person you’ve ever met, and every single day is a new opportunity to make magic.

Exercise.

My iPhone – for Fashion Backroom updates and the interconnectedness social media brings.

My incredible parents, who are equal parts supportive and educational.

A creative outlet, and

A good book.

DSC_9893-1.jpg?fit=640,962&ssl=1A11C8AA7-9619-4896-A57F-8B7E1C5118FA.jpgIMG_2733.jpg?fit=640,853&ssl=1IMG_4685-e1498203622764.jpg?fit=640,853&IMG_4812.jpg?fit=640,800&ssl=1

L U N A    N U E V A 

D A L I H L A ♥

Enlace al comentario

Laine Hoffman

My name is Laine Paige Hoffman, I’m 19 years old, and I’m an aspiring TV journalist/presenter! I work as a part-time model, part-time swimming instructor and casual nanny. I’m currently taking this semester off university to focus on myself & other endeavours – including Miss Universe Australia of course! I felt that I was starting to have a lot of opportunities come my way towards the end of last year in particular, and I basically wasn’t ready to knuckle down and focus on studying at that stage of my life. Taking the six months off has been so beneficial in more ways than one; not only has it allowed me to channel my energy into this incredible journey as well as other aspects of my life, but it has also made me realise just how determined I am to chase a career in that industry! I am more motivated and passionate than ever (and beyond ready to put this brain of mine to use!) which I think is amazing.
I am a massive foodie & really into my health + fitness (as well as treating yourself on a very regular basis and enjoying life to the max!). I like to think of myself as somewhat of a ‘lazy-healthy-foodie’ in the kitchen; I love my food to be as healthy & delicious as can be, and preferably can be whipped up in no more than 20 minutes!
I’m also addicted to the ocean and am lucky enough to live a short 2-minute walk away from the beautiful northern beaches of Perth’s spectacular coastline. Whenever I have a spare 15 minutes in my day, that’s where I’ll be!

Laine Congratulations on making it so far in the such a coveted competition, we have to ask how the overall experience has been so far?

Thank you! I really did not expect to make it this far whatsoever… I keep having to pinch myself! It has honestly been such an incredible experience from day one, and I consider myself so so lucky to still be a part of such a special & inspiring program.
To be honest, thinking back to registration day I really didn’t know what to expect when I signed myself up for MUA. It was a pretty spontaneous decision I made that day to get myself into the city and just give it a crack – but the way I saw it, I had absolutely nothing to lose by doing so, and I knew that it could be an amazing opportunity; little did I realise just how far it would take me and how amazing that opportunity would be!

Heading over to beautiful Bali with all of the MUA girls was an absolute dream! It was such an incredible experience, and I almost had to pinch myself every single day as I just could not believe how lucky I was to be given such an amazing opportunity.
It would be pretty tough to have to pick just one highlight from the trip… There were so many! Copping a 3 am wake up the morning we flew out of Perth was definitely not a highlight, we were all zombies! But it didn’t take us long to perk back up as excitement for the week ahead took over!
As soon as we arrived at our resort Intercontinental Bali, the excitement was taken to a whole new level, and it all suddenly felt so surreal! The resort was absolutely incredible.
Being the massive foodie that I am, I’d be lying if I didn’t say that one of my main highlights throughout the trip was all the beautiful food we consumed breakfast, lunch & dinner (and dessert of course – because it’d be rude not to!). We went to so many amazing restaurants for dinner: Rockbar, Sundays, Mrs Sippy, Da Maria & of course our very own accommodation Intercontinental Bali. And I can very easily say that I was not disappointed but rather very impressed by the quality (and quantity!) of food as well as the amazing service everywhere we went!
The countless activities we did throughout the week were also no doubt highlights; including Splash Bali, Think Pink Nails, and heading to the orphanage which was such a beautiful and rewarding experience – just to name a few!
But I think the biggest highlight of all would honestly have to have been getting to know all of the other national finalists from the other states. Everyone was so down-to-earth & just really lovely, and I think we all left feeling like we’d just made easy 30-odd extra friends!

I know – how exciting (and nerve-racking!). I’m feeling a whole mixture of emotions about the national final being just around the corner… Both good & bad! I think it’s all the little things you do to prepare which pay off the most: ramping up the workouts, eating as clean as possible – with the occasional indulgence of course (which is important not only for physical health/appearance but also mentally), reading up on current affairs & global issues etc etc! But to be completely honest, I think that probably the most important thing is really just to remain calm, happy & healthy (and hopefully sane!) because I believe that when you’re happy within yourself, that’s when you truly shine & radiate confidence from the inside out! Which is, of course, a very important quality to have & embrace throughout this entire journey. I also think it’s really important to make sure that you remain as authentic as possible and to not come across as being too over-rehearsed! But maybe that’s just my personal opinion.

Well, if nothing else does, my height (or lack thereof) certainly will! All 161cm of it… (haha). No, but in all honesty, I think that my take on the whole ‘pageant’ maybe sets me apart from a lot of the other contestants in the way that I’ve just absolutely cruised throughout this whole journey with no real expectations for what might happen/how far I would make it! As I said before, I honestly would not have believed you if you told me I’d make the national finals before I even made top 6 for WA, let alone top 24!

To be completely honest I’m probably much more on the low maintenance side when it comes to beauty + fashion… Especially compared to a lot of the other national finalists, not surprisingly! I am definitely more into natural beauty (for convenience purposes as well as the actual look!), and I actually generally tend to feel a whole lot more confident when I don’t have a full face of makeup on, as opposed to being done up like a doll! My go to ‘beauty regime’ for a simple daytime look is a touch of tinted moisturiser/BB cream on my face for natural, glowing skin, a lick of mascara and lip balm (I’ve got an addiction to it!). I definitely like to dress my face up more when I head out at night, however!
I’d probably describe my fashion sense as generally being pretty simple & effortless… However, I do have a bit of a love affair with clothes! I can just never bring myself to spend crazy amounts of money on designer clothes – as much as I hate to admit, I do love a good bargain! (I blame my Mum for that one). But occasionally I’ll splash out and treat myself with something I adore – I seem to be doing so more & more these days! Not quite sure whether or not that’s a good thing…

Good question! I was actually inspired by former Miss Universe Australia 2011: Scherri-Lee Biggs. She inspires me in so many ways – I think she is absolutely beautiful inside & out and just strikes me as being so genuine + down-to-earth. However, she has particularly inspired me to take part in MUA with how well she has done for herself in her career! I am an aspiring TV journalist/presenter, so she more or less has my dream job, and after emailing her a few years back as a 17 year old deciding what exactly I wanted to do with my life, thanks to her I realised just what an incredible platform Miss Universe Australia can be (is!).

I’m not sure that one person or thing inspires me the most; I think I rather tend to draw inspiration from a number of different people/things, for a number of different reasons. There are definitely certain people who inspire me big time – whether they’re in my life on a personal level or someone I don’t know but look up to all the same, in so many & completely different ways!
I draw inspiration from certain models/personalities such as Steph Claire Smith who has just done so well for herself with her modelling career/social media work, and I love that she promotes such a healthy, happy, balanced (i.e. realistic) lifestyle. She’s definitely someone I aspire to in a way, simply because I love her vibe and what she’s about!
I definitely draw inspiration from certain people in my personal life as well, including one of my best best friends who I just think is such an incredible person, inside & out! She is the most loving, caring, hilarious, fun/adventure-seeking & just all round beautiful girl (person!) I know – and I am beyond grateful to have her in my life. She inspires me to chase life & fun and to just completely live for the moment! Which I think is so important just to get the most enjoyment you possibly can out of life.

The fact that I’m a bit of a midget definitely seems to shock a lot of people when they meet me for the first time in person (if they’ve seen photos of me – particularly professional images from shoots that I’ve done, prior to meeting me!).
It’s hard to pin-point one thing that I feel would stand out as being an ‘interesting fact’ about myself – but as more of a general statement, I think just my fun-loving nature & my entire outlook on life is pretty unique. I’m so chilled out and great at just living completely in the moment – all I really want out of life is to just enjoy every minute of it & experience as much as I possibly can! I seem to have this ability to be so comfortable doing whatever I want with my life; I don’t let anyone tell me what I should be doing, but rather make decisions based solely on what is best for me (e.g., deciding to take another 6 months from studying to focus on other things that were far more important to me at the time!).

I generally like to start my day with a workout of some sort (if I have the time & if I feel like – I love to exercise, and my body craves it. However I hate making it feel like a chore, so I never force myself to!) – whether that’s an intense, sweaty HIIT circuit or a much less intense half jog/half stroll along the beach on a beautiful day or a bit of yoga; just moving your body in whatever way it desires is the best way to start the day, I believe! Regardless of how short I am for the time depending on what my morning/day looks like, I’ll ALWAYS manage to make time for a nutritious & delicious breakfast! (It’s all about priorities right?). Then generally I’ll have some sort of work on during the day – whether that’s swim teaching, modelling, nannying or whatever it may be! I’ll always set aside a bit of time at some point throughout the day to sift through any emails/social media that needs to be taken care of, and I’ll generally always find time for a catch-up with a friend – no matter how long or short it may be! I hardly get to see one my  best friends as our busy schedule always seems to clash, but whenever we find even just a short 20 minutes we’re both free, we’ll always make time to go for a quick coast walk or just sit by on our favourite beach & catch-up on each other’s lives!

I’d have to say the beach. There’s just something so peaceful & calming about our beautiful ocean (especially over here on the west coast!) – there’s honestly nothing else like it to me! Whether it’s at home or some exotic place overseas; it all speaks the same calming language to me!

“Mate” “that’s insane!” “that’s unreal!” “how good!” … or on the slightly more serious side: “everything happens for a reason”.

That’s actually a really tough question purely because I have learnt so much about myself and about life over the last five years… (I was only 14 5 years ago which is crazy to think about!). I’d probably say that one of the biggest things I’ve learnt (and am still learning to be completely honest) is to trust yourself, believe in yourself, & to back yourself with whatever decisions you may make throughout life – because I think that at the end of the day you know what’s right for you. I’d also definitely tell myself that the sooner I learn not to take life so seriously and that your health, happiness & relationships are all that really matters at the end of the day, the better! I was quite a different person back then; I took life & myself very seriously in a lot of ways and I did actually develop an eating disorder when I was 15/16 years old, which was easily the most miserable stage of my life and definitely took me a good while to get back to being my happy, bubbly, fun self that I was before and am today!

The ocean, good food (and lots of it), my loved ones (including my kelpie Harley), travel (so the invention of aeroplanes) and the camera to capture of life’s amazing moments!

19449548_10210210807926845_1153692138_o.19490093_10210210808206852_542316604_o-119451882_10210210807366831_501127144_o.j19490047_10210210808126850_590980981_o.j19478387_10210210807286829_897582508_o.j19489544_10210210807886844_1041351859_n.

L U N A    N U E V A 

D A L I H L A ♥

Enlace al comentario

Registra una cuenta o conéctate para comentar

Debes ser un miembro de la comunidad para dejar un comentario

Crear una cuenta

Regístrate en nuestra comunidad. ¡Es fácil!

Registrar una cuenta nueva

Iniciar Sesión

¿Ya tienes cuenta? Conéctate aquí.

Iniciar Sesión

• Crear Nuevo...